Alexander the Great
Alexander the Great is considered one of history’s most successful military commanders! By the time he was thirty he controlled the largest empire the ancient world had ever seen. His reign lasted from 336 BC to 323 BC and even though he was still very young when he died he managed to connect and influence a vast area as never before. Gold coins struck by Alexander are called gold staters and silver coins are called silver tetradrachms. These are some of the most well-known coins of the ancient world. He also issued a small amount of the impressive distaters, or double staters, that were thought to be used as payment to his most trusted soldiers.
- Alexander III Silver Tetradrachm Choice Very FineNow Only $630.00 Regular Price $653.40Out of stock
- Alexander The Great Silver Tetradrachm NGC AU 5X3 Fine Style$1,430.00Out of stock
- Alexander The Great Silver Drachm NGC XF$239.25Out of stock
- * Understanding Ancient Coin Grading
- * Long-Term Increasing Value
- * Ancient Coin Timeline
Alexander the Great Coins are some of the oldest, most beautiful, and unique ancient gold and silver coins in our inventory. Learn more here...
If you 're interested in learning even more about Alexander the Great coinage, you should request our 8-page Ancient coin report HERE. It is loaded with history, pictures, and descriptions to give you a solid foundation of knowledge and ideas of how to go about collecting ancient coinage.