Lydia, or modern-day Turkey, is where the concept of coinage originated. The most famous of all Lydian coinage was the lion and bull coinage of King Croesus, who is known to have created the first bimetallic currency using gold and silver coinage nearly 2,600 years ago. Lydian coinage typically comes struck from electrum (a mixture of gold & silver), gold, or silver.
Download Your Free Ancient Coin Report
- Lydia Croesus Gold 24th-Stater | Heavy Series | Extremely Fine 5x5Now Only $11,950.00 Regular Price $12,160.00
- Lydia Croesus Gold | Sixth-Stater | Light | Extremely Fine 5x3Now Only $9,475.00 Regular Price $9,625.00
- Lydia | Croesus Light | 12th Stater | CHXF 5x4Now Only $4,475.00 Regular Price $4,550.60
- Lydia | Croesus | Silver Stater | AU 5x3$6,304.50Out of stock
- Lydia Croesus Light Stater NGC CHVF 5x3$20,740.00Out of stock
- Croesus Silver 1/3 Stater NGC Extremely Fine$2,990.00Out of stock